Vibration White Finger (VWF), also known as Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS), is a medical condition you can develop from using vibrating hand held tools regularly. Pneumatic drills and other such equipment can cause Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome which can result in tingling, whiteness and numbness in your fingers and hand. Vibration White Finger is only associated with the whiteness in the fingers. Our team of expert solicitors have helped many people from across the country with their vibration injury claims, and we could do the same for you.

A vibration injury can occur in a number of instances and can present itself in different ways. Those who work with vibrating equipment, such as pneumatic drills, for long periods of the day and for a long time are more likely to develop more acute symptoms of Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome.

Symptoms for vibration injuries can include:

  • Tingling – in hands, fingers, wrists and arms
  • Numbness – in fingers, lack of sensitivity
  • Whiteness – in fingers, especially when cold and can result in painful tingling.

Hand Arm Vibration Finger cannot, unfortunately, be treated; once the nerves have been damaged they cannot be repaired. There are ways in which you can minimise the effects including, keeping your hands warm and limiting or stopping the amount of time you use vibrating machinery. Our vibration injury claim solicitors will be able to advise you further and can put you in touch with rehabilitation and medical expert who will be able to provide you with further assistance.

Whether you work in mining or the engineering industry, Carter Moore’s Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome solicitors are here to guide you through the legal process. This condition first came to light due to the mining workers in the 1970s and employers may only be prosecuted if your injury occurred from 1st January 1976 and onwards.

If you or a loved one wants to speak to us, entirely in confidence, about any of these issues then please call our head of negligence Michael Shaw on 0800 1 444 111 or email him at . Alternatively you can use the enquiry form situated at the side or at the foot of this page.