HMRC investigations into Tax and VAT fraud can continue over a significant period of time. It is important to instruct the correct Solicitors from the outset of the Criminal investigations so support and advice can be provided from the outset.
Tax evasion is illegal. It involves the deliberate avoidance of payment of tax by a business or an individual. There are a number of ways that Tax and VAT fraud can occur, some of which have been listed below.
- Deliberately not declaring sales
- Claiming VAT for sales and purchases which have not been made
- Claiming expenses which are not true
- Falsifying documents to facilitate over claims for expenses
- Falsifying documents to facilitate understated sales
For a no-obligation discussion about your case please contact Mark Carter, Head of our Criminal Law department on 0800 1444 111, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please complete our online form and one of our criminal defence lawyers will be in touch with you within 24 hours.