Heavy Lifting Claims
CM Solicitors are specialist manual handling and heavy lifting claims lawyers who can help if you have had an accident which resulted in personal injury.
Put simply, we know all about heavy lifting regulations and compensation for injuries which come from poor practice in the work place.
It is your employer’s duty is to avoid the need for manual handling or heavy lifting as far as is reasonable, if there is a possibility of injury. If this is not possible then they must reduce the risk of injury as far as they can. If an employee is complaining of discomfort, any changes to work to avoid or reduce manual handling must be monitored to check they are having a positive effect. However, if they are not working satisfactorily, alternatives must be considered.
If you have been involved in an accident due to:
- Excessive or repetitive lifting; it does not need to be a heavy object
- Excessive or repetitive actions causing a sprain, tear or ache
- Unsafe system of work causing an injury
- Unsafe working environment
……then you may be entitled to make a claim.
Do you have a manual handling injury claim?
If you have an injury from lifting or moving a heavy object at work as a result of any of the above then you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Your injuries
- Your lost income, both past and future
- Damage to your property, clothing etc.
- Other losses you may suffer as a result of the accident such as treatment cost, prescription charges etc.
If you or a loved one wants to speak to us, entirely in confidence, about any of these issues then please call our head of negligence Michael Shaw on 0800 1 444 111 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can use the enquiry form situated at the side or at the foot of this page.